Take Action During 2023 APTA FAS to Support H.R. 2480 on September 20-21, 2023!
This year, the APTA Flash Action Strategy will focus on H.R. 2480, the Optimizing Postpartum Outcomes Act (H.R. 2480). Many postpartum individuals – and their providers – are unaware of how pelvic health physical therapy can address many of the complications arising from birth and pregnancy. H.R. 2480 would raise awareness of the availability and importance of pelvic health physical therapy for postpartum individuals. The goal of Flash Action Strategy 2023 is to send 5,000 letters to Congress over the two-day event.
Your participation in the 2023 APTA Student Flash Action Strategy is crucial in advancing the cause of pelvic health physical therapy. Let's unite our voices and make a lasting impact. Together, we can raise awareness and create positive change. Thank you for being part of this important advocacy effort!
Here's how you can participate and help reach our goal of sending 5,000 letters to Congress during the two-day event:
- Stay Informed: Visit APTA's website for information, promotional graphics, and resources about FAS.
- Mark Your Calendar: FAS will take place on September 20-21. Be sure to participate and encourage other fellow students to join.
- Educate Yourself: Learn more about the issue by watching this brief 2-minute video and reading the position paper.
- Contact Your Legislators: Utilize the APTA Legislative Action Center and Patient Action Center to ask your Representative to support pelvic health physical therapy.
- Share Resources: Share this position paper with your peers and fellow students before the event.
- Engage on Social Media: Use the hashtags #PTAdvocacy and #FAS2023 on social media to stay connected and amplify our message.
- Participate in the Student Advocacy Challenge: Encourage your peers to participate in the Student Advocacy Challenge 2023. Each student's participation in FAS earns 10 points, and there are no limits on the number of points a program can earn.