Become a Student Member!
What is a SIG?
As an active APTA Pelvic Health member, you are eligible to join different special interest groups. A special interest group (SIG) is a sub-community within APTA Pelvic Health membership. Current members can join these SIGs for free to pursue a shared interest in advancing a specific area of knowledge or learning where members can connect, collaborate and help develop solutions within their particular topic area or produce new educational resources and networking opportunities.
About the Student SIG
The SSIG is a student-led group catered to physical therapy students (SPTs and SPTAs) on issues and topics relevant to students and rising early-professionals. Whether you are in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd/final year of DPT school or your PTA program, the SSIG leadership is here to help guide you and direct you to helpful resources! Year-round, the SSIG hosts virtual events such as workshops, webinar panels or social meet and greets to connect you to fellow students, industry experts and potential mentors. Subscribe to receive student-related updates and news!
Become an Academy Student Member
To be eligible for this membership, you must be a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and a State Chapter. Each Spring, student members of the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy elect their next SSIG Board officers that take office the following June. Expand your student and professional network, cultivate new friendships and leadership skills, collaborate with the Academy’s National Board and coordinate student events. Access Clinical Practice Guidelines, Position Statements, and many other resources developed by members for members.
- Membership to the Student SIG Member Engage™ sub-group
- Eligibility for Student scholarships
- Eligibility for student rates and student-exclusive course and conference discounts
- Library of past free webinar recordings
- Access to student-exclusive events (i.e. Meet & Greets, Residency Fairs, Webinars)
- Access to the digital Journal of Women's & Pelvic Health Physical Therapy (JWPHPT)
- Featured spotlight listing in the Membership Spotlights blog
- Access to the Student Clinical Rotations Directory
- Access to upcoming & past virtual Residency Fairs
Follow the SSIG on Social Media