$10,000 Research Grant
Awarded through the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy
THE 2023 APPLICATION CYCLE CLOSED ON APRIL 1, 2023. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE APPLIED AND ARE AWAITING THE ACADEMY'S DECISION. THE NEXT APPLICATION CYCLE OPENS ON JANUARY 1, 2024.
The purpose of the American Physical Therapy Association’s Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy’s Research Grant Awards program is to encourage the scientific study of topics consistent with the mission of the Academy. The maximum amount of funding provided by this grant is $10,000. No salary support or indirect costs are available through this funding mechanism. Only Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy members in good standing are eligible to submit an application and at least one Investigator of the proposal must be a member in good standing of the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy. The selection is made by our Research Grant Review Committee. Depending on the quality of submissions, the $10,000 research grant may be used to support multiple projects.
Please direct all inquiries to:
Christine A. Cabelka, PT, MA, PhD
Director of Research
Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy
- January 1 (Application Year) – Proposal application period opens
- April 1 (Application Year) – Proposal application period closes. Grant applications are due no later than 11:59pm ET (application year) or unless otherwise extended by APTA Pelvic Health. The application should be received in electronic format via the APTA Pelvic Health Research Grant application.
- April 1-October 15 (Application Year) – Applications are reviewed and scored by the Grant Review Committee
- October 15 (Application Year) – Research Grant Review Committee to announce the selected recipient(s).
- December 15 (Application Year) – Selected recipient(s) must submit a grant memorandum of understanding (MOU) and confirmation of IRB approval to the Director of Research. Grant funds will only be disbursed when IRB confirmation and MOU are received. Distribution of funding may be delayed or distributed to another applicant if IRB approval is not submitted on time. If funding is deferred to another application, the funding end date will remain unchanged). See Section E. IRB Approval
- January 15 (Funding Year) – Funding year begins unless an extension has been granted.
- January 31 (Funding Year) – Study completion report is due to the Director of Research
- January 1 (Post-Award Year) – If the recipient(s) needs to extend the funding period, a no-cost extension request with a progress report must be submitted by this date. See Section F. Extension of Funding Period
- January 15 (Post-Award Year) – Funding end date unless a no-cost extension has been granted.
- February 15 (Post-Award Year – If no extension was granted, the recipient(s) must submit a Study Completion Report. See Section H. Study Completion Report
- April 15 (Post-Award Year) – Progress report is due within 90 days following completion of the project. The progress report must be sent to the Director of Research (firstname.lastname@example.org
) and Executive Director (email@example.com). See Section G. Progress Report
- October 15 (Post-Award Year) – Recipient(s) must submit a manuscript to the Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy (JWHPT) for publication.
Past Grant Recipients