Become an Early-Professional Member!
What is a SIG?
As an active APTA Pelvic Health member, you are eligible to join different special interest groups. A special interest group (SIG) is a sub-community within APTA Pelvic Health membership. Current members can join these SIGs for free to pursue a shared interest in advancing a specific area of knowledge or learning where members can connect, collaborate and help develop solutions within their particular topic area or produce new educational resources and networking opportunities.
About the Early-Professional SIG
The EPSIG provides a forum to connect early-career PTs and PTAs (0-5 years of practice) from a variety of clinical disciplines that promotes networking and cross-leveling of information. Year-round, the SSIG hosts virtual events such as workshops, webinar panels or social meet and greets to connect you to fellow students, industry experts and potential mentors.
Become an Academy Member
To be eligible for this membership, you must be a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and a State Chapter.
- Membership to the Early-Professional SIG Member Engage™ sub-group
- Eligibility for PT and PTA scholarships
- Eligibility for member-exclusive course and conference discounts
- Library of past free webinar recordings
- Access to early-professional events (i.e. Meet & Greets, Webinars)
- Access to the digital Journal of Women's & Pelvic Health Physical Therapy (JWPHPT)
- Featured spotlight listing in the Membership Spotlights blog
Follow EPSIG on Social Media
"Hello Obturator" Podcast
The EPSIG has spearheaded an initiative to develop a new podcast called "Hello Obturator" where they interview fellow early-professional physical therapists and seasoned professionals to share clinical and professional development tips and recommendations.