Diastasis Recti in Older Males: Diagnosis, Clinical Implications, Treatment
McConville, Margaret Q.; Schilz, Jodi; Doerfler, Deborah; Andrews, Ronald
In this literature review, the authors investigate the following key questions pertaining to older male patients presenting to physical therapy with diastasis recti (DR):
- Are there any significant anatomical differences between females and males?
- How often does DR occur in older males?
- What are the most reliable tools and what protocol should be followed for measurement accuracy?
- What clinical implications should therapists be familiar with when treating DR in older males?
- When a therapist is determining the best course of treatment for older male patients presenting with DR, what intervention is most suitable?
Read the Literature Review to learn more about the current evidence for each of the topics listed. Follow the JWHPT on social media to stay up to date with published online first features.