Support the Optimizing Postpartum Outcomes Act H.R. 2480
Interested in supporting your profession?
Not sure how to become more involved? Limited on time? Begin your support with a few easy steps in under 2 minutes to support the profession.
- Download the APTA Advocacy App
- Select “Federal Action Center.”
- Select “APTA Member” which will populate your personal data. Or “Patients/Non-support.
- Select the issue of interest to support. H.R. 2480: Raise Awareness of the importance of Optimizing Postpartum Outcomes (OPO) Act.
- Review your personal data/have the patient enter their data.
- Review the form letter and add your own personal concern.
- Select “Send Email”
If time allows, consider reviewing and supporting all the current issues in the app.
Watch Video How-To
Other Ideas to Increase Support
- Reposting your support on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. This can easily be selected once you have sent your email. Or consider copying a few sentences to your notepad for editing. Then copy and paste into social media.
- Consider utilizing hashtags #PTAdvocacy #Legislator #ChoosePT #TPTA (your state chapter) @aptatweets for both Twitter and Instagram @Legislator @ Legislator HealthLA
- Calling your Senator or Congress person and ask for the health legislative assistant (health L.A.) State your name and that your are a constituent who would like to ask for the Senator/Congress person’s support on a specific piece of legislation.
An example conversation is as follows:
Congressional Office: Good Morning Senator/Congress person office.This is intern Bob Smith.
PT/PTA: Good Morning Bob. This is Mary Francis, a constituent of the Senator/Congressperson. Might the health LA might be available for a brief conversation?
Congressional Office: Yes, they are available. OR No, may I take amessage?
PT/PTA: I would like to ask the Senator/Congress person for his/her support on H.R. 2480: Optimizing Postpartum Outcomes (OPO) Act. I’m curious if you are familiar with this bill?
Congressional Office: No. I’m not aware of it.
PT/PTA: H.R. 2480 is important to both to my profession as a pelvic healthphysical therapist, as well as to the population I serve. Followed by anexample or 2 of how this legislation will positively impact your patients.